1 files changed, 8 insertions, 8 deletions
diff --git a/doc/user-manual/user-manual-intro.xml b/doc/user-manual/user-manual-intro.xml
index f349e678..e71748ab 100644
@@ -4,18 +4,18 @@
<title>BitBake User Manual</title>
- <para>At it's core, BitBake is a tool generic task execution engine
- allowing shell and python tasks to be executed efficiently and in
- parallel whilst working within complex inter-task dependency
+ <para>At it's core, BitBake is a generic task execution engine
+ allowing shell and python tasks to be run efficiently and in
+ parallel while working within complex inter-task dependency
- One of it's main users, OpenEmbedded, takes this core and uses it
- to build embedded Linux software stacks using a task oriented
+ One of it's main users, OpenEmbedded, takes this core and
+ builds embedded Linux software stacks using a task oriented
Conceptually, BitBake is similar to GNU Make in some regards but
- also has significant differences.
- BitBake executes tasks based upon the metadata provided to it that
+ has significant differences.
+ BitBake executes tasks based upon metadata provided to it that
build up tasks.
- It also includes a fetcher library for obtaining source code from
+ It includes a fetcher library for obtaining source code from
various places such as source control systems or websites.
Metadata is stored in recipe (.bb), configuration (.conf), and
class (.bbclass) files and provide to BitBake the instructions