|author||Peter Kjellerstedt <email@example.com>||2021-09-03 23:40:14 +0200|
|committer||Richard Purdie <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2021-09-04 15:05:39 +0100|
common-licenses, licenses.conf: Remove duplicate licenses
This removes BSD-0-Clause, Nauman, tcl and vim and adds mappings for them to their SPDX counterparts (0BSD, Naumen, TCL and Vim). It also removes FreeType, which already had a mapping to FTL. Signed-off-by: Peter Kjellerstedt <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Richard Purdie <firstname.lastname@example.org>
6 files changed, 18 insertions, 365 deletions
diff --git a/meta/conf/licenses.conf b/meta/conf/licenses.conf
index e2bd58f84a..991fb6cc23 100644
@@ -19,6 +19,9 @@ SPDXLICENSEMAP[AGPLv3.0+] = "AGPL-3.0-or-later"
SPDXLICENSEMAP[AGPL-3.0] = "AGPL-3.0-only"
SPDXLICENSEMAP[AGPL-3.0+] = "AGPL-3.0-or-later"
+# BSD variations
+SPDXLICENSEMAP[BSD-0-Clause] = "0BSD"
# GPL variations
SPDXLICENSEMAP[GPL-1] = "GPL-1.0-only"
SPDXLICENSEMAP[GPL-1+] = "GPL-1.0-or-later"
@@ -45,7 +48,7 @@ SPDXLICENSEMAP[GPLv3.0+] = "GPL-3.0-or-later"
SPDXLICENSEMAP[GPL-3.0] = "GPL-3.0-only"
SPDXLICENSEMAP[GPL-3.0+] = "GPL-3.0-or-later"
+# LGPL variations
SPDXLICENSEMAP[LGPLv2] = "LGPL-2.0-only"
SPDXLICENSEMAP[LGPLv2+] = "LGPL-2.0-or-later"
SPDXLICENSEMAP[LGPLv2.0] = "LGPL-2.0-only"
@@ -63,49 +66,52 @@ SPDXLICENSEMAP[LGPLv3+] = "LGPL-3.0-or-later"
SPDXLICENSEMAP[LGPL-3.0] = "LGPL-3.0-only"
SPDXLICENSEMAP[LGPL-3.0+] = "LGPL-3.0-or-later"
+# MPL variations
SPDXLICENSEMAP[MPL-1] = "MPL-1.0"
SPDXLICENSEMAP[MPLv1] = "MPL-1.0"
SPDXLICENSEMAP[MPLv1.1] = "MPL-1.1"
SPDXLICENSEMAP[MPLv2] = "MPL-2.0"
+# MIT variations
SPDXLICENSEMAP[MIT-X] = "MIT"
SPDXLICENSEMAP[MIT-style] = "MIT"
+# Openssl variations
SPDXLICENSEMAP[openssl] = "OpenSSL"
+# PSF variations
SPDXLICENSEMAP[PSF] = "PSF-2.0"
SPDXLICENSEMAP[PSFv2] = "PSF-2.0"
+# Python variations
SPDXLICENSEMAP[Python-2] = "Python-2.0"
+# Apache variations
SPDXLICENSEMAP[Apachev2] = "Apache-2.0"
SPDXLICENSEMAP[Apache-2] = "Apache-2.0"
+# Artistic variations
SPDXLICENSEMAP[Artisticv1] = "Artistic-1.0"
SPDXLICENSEMAP[Artistic-1] = "Artistic-1.0"
+# Academic variations
SPDXLICENSEMAP[AFL-2] = "AFL-2.0"
SPDXLICENSEMAP[AFL-1] = "AFL-1.2"
SPDXLICENSEMAP[AFLv2] = "AFL-2.0"
SPDXLICENSEMAP[AFLv1] = "AFL-1.2"
+# CDDL variations
SPDXLICENSEMAP[CDDLv1] = "CDDL-1.0"
SPDXLICENSEMAP[CDDL-1] = "CDDL-1.0"
+# Other variations
SPDXLICENSEMAP[EPLv1.0] = "EPL-1.0"
SPDXLICENSEMAP[FreeType] = "FTL"
+SPDXLICENSEMAP[Nauman] = "Naumen"
+SPDXLICENSEMAP[tcl] = "TCL"
+SPDXLICENSEMAP[vim] = "Vim"
-#Silicon Graphics variations
+# Silicon Graphics variations
SPDXLICENSEMAP[SGIv1] = "SGI-1"
# Additional license directories. Add your custom licenses directories this path.
diff --git a/meta/files/common-licenses/BSD-0-Clause b/meta/files/common-licenses/BSD-0-Clause
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,12 +0,0 @@
-Copyright (C) <YEAR> by <OWNER>
-Permission to use, copy, modify, and/or distribute this software for any
-purpose with or without fee is hereby granted.
-THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES
-WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
-MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR
-ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES
-WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN
-ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF
-OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
diff --git a/meta/files/common-licenses/FreeType b/meta/files/common-licenses/FreeType
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,170 +0,0 @@
- The FreeType Project LICENSE
- Copyright 1996-2002, 2006 by
- David Turner, Robert Wilhelm, and Werner Lemberg
- The FreeType Project is distributed in several archive packages;
- some of them may contain, in addition to the FreeType font engine,
- various tools and contributions which rely on, or relate to, the
- FreeType Project.
- This license applies to all files found in such packages, and
- which do not fall under their own explicit license. The license
- affects thus the FreeType font engine, the test programs,
- documentation and makefiles, at the very least.
- This license was inspired by the BSD, Artistic, and IJG
- (Independent JPEG Group) licenses, which all encourage inclusion
- and use of free software in commercial and freeware products
- alike. As a consequence, its main points are that:
- o We don't promise that this software works. However, we will be
- interested in any kind of bug reports. (`as is' distribution)
- o You can use this software for whatever you want, in parts or
- full form, without having to pay us. (`royalty-free' usage)
- o You may not pretend that you wrote this software. If you use
- it, or only parts of it, in a program, you must acknowledge
- somewhere in your documentation that you have used the
- FreeType code. (`credits')
- We specifically permit and encourage the inclusion of this
- software, with or without modifications, in commercial products.
- We disclaim all warranties covering The FreeType Project and
- assume no liability related to The FreeType Project.
- Finally, many people asked us for a preferred form for a
- credit/disclaimer to use in compliance with this license. We thus
- encourage you to use the following text:
- Portions of this software are copyright © <year> The FreeType
- Project (www.freetype.org). All rights reserved.
- Please replace <year> with the value from the FreeType version you
- actually use.
- Throughout this license, the terms `package', `FreeType Project',
- and `FreeType archive' refer to the set of files originally
- distributed by the authors (David Turner, Robert Wilhelm, and
- Werner Lemberg) as the `FreeType Project', be they named as alpha,
- beta or final release.
- `You' refers to the licensee, or person using the project, where
- `using' is a generic term including compiling the project's source
- code as well as linking it to form a `program' or `executable'.
- This program is referred to as `a program using the FreeType
- This license applies to all files distributed in the original
- FreeType Project, including all source code, binaries and
- documentation, unless otherwise stated in the file in its
- original, unmodified form as distributed in the original archive.
- If you are unsure whether or not a particular file is covered by
- this license, you must contact us to verify this.
- The FreeType Project is copyright (C) 1996-2000 by David Turner,
- Robert Wilhelm, and Werner Lemberg. All rights reserved except as
- specified below.
-1. No Warranty
- THE FREETYPE PROJECT IS PROVIDED `AS IS' WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
- KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
- WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
- PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL ANY OF THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS
- BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO
- USE, OF THE FREETYPE PROJECT.
- This license grants a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual and
- irrevocable right and license to use, execute, perform, compile,
- display, copy, create derivative works of, distribute and
- sublicense the FreeType Project (in both source and object code
- forms) and derivative works thereof for any purpose; and to
- authorize others to exercise some or all of the rights granted
- herein, subject to the following conditions:
- o Redistribution of source code must retain this license file
- (`FTL.TXT') unaltered; any additions, deletions or changes to
- the original files must be clearly indicated in accompanying
- documentation. The copyright notices of the unaltered,
- original files must be preserved in all copies of source
- o Redistribution in binary form must provide a disclaimer that
- states that the software is based in part of the work of the
- FreeType Team, in the distribution documentation. We also
- encourage you to put an URL to the FreeType web page in your
- documentation, though this isn't mandatory.
- These conditions apply to any software derived from or based on
- the FreeType Project, not just the unmodified files. If you use
- our work, you must acknowledge us. However, no fee need be paid
- to us.
- Neither the FreeType authors and contributors nor you shall use
- the name of the other for commercial, advertising, or promotional
- purposes without specific prior written permission.
- We suggest, but do not require, that you use one or more of the
- following phrases to refer to this software in your documentation
- or advertising materials: `FreeType Project', `FreeType Engine',
- `FreeType library', or `FreeType Distribution'.
- As you have not signed this license, you are not required to
- accept it. However, as the FreeType Project is copyrighted
- material, only this license, or another one contracted with the
- authors, grants you the right to use, distribute, and modify it.
- Therefore, by using, distributing, or modifying the FreeType
- Project, you indicate that you understand and accept all the terms
- of this license.
- There are two mailing lists related to FreeType:
- o email@example.com
- Discusses general use and applications of FreeType, as well as
- future and wanted additions to the library and distribution.
- If you are looking for support, start in this list if you
- haven't found anything to help you in the documentation.
- o firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discusses bugs, as well as engine internals, design issues,
- specific licenses, porting, etc.
- Our home page can be found at
---- end of FTL.TXT ---
diff --git a/meta/files/common-licenses/Nauman b/meta/files/common-licenses/Nauman
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,50 +0,0 @@
-NAUMEN Public License
-This software is Copyright (c) NAUMEN (tm) and Contributors.
-All rights reserved.
-Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or
-without modification, are permitted provided that the following
-conditions are met:
-1. Redistributions in source code must retain the above
-copyright notice, this list of conditions, and the following
-2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above
-copyright notice, this list of conditions, and the following
-disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials
-provided with the distribution.
-3. The name NAUMEN (tm) must not be used to
-endorse or promote products derived from this software without prior
-written permission from NAUMEN.
-4. The right to distribute this software or to use it for any
-purpose does not give you the right to use Servicemarks (sm)
-or Trademarks (tm) of NAUMEN.
-5. If any files originating from NAUMEN or Contributors are modified, you must
-cause the modified files to carry prominent notices stating
-that you changed the files and the date of any change.
-THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY NAUMEN "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESSED
-OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
-IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A
-PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL NAUMEN
-OR ITS CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,
-INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
-(INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE
-GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
-INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,
-WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
-NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF
-THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
-This software consists of contributions made by NAUMEN
-and Contributors. Specific attributions are listed in the
-accompanying credits file.
diff --git a/meta/files/common-licenses/tcl b/meta/files/common-licenses/tcl
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,40 +0,0 @@
-This software is copyrighted by the Regents of the University of
-California, Sun Microsystems, Inc., Scriptics Corporation, ActiveState
-Corporation and other parties. The following terms apply to all files
-associated with the software unless explicitly disclaimed in
-The authors hereby grant permission to use, copy, modify, distribute,
-and license this software and its documentation for any purpose, provided
-that existing copyright notices are retained in all copies and that this
-notice is included verbatim in any distributions. No written agreement,
-license, or royalty fee is required for any of the authorized uses.
-Modifications to this software may be copyrighted by their authors
-and need not follow the licensing terms described here, provided that
-the new terms are clearly indicated on the first page of each file where
-IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR DISTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY
-FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
-ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, ITS DOCUMENTATION, OR ANY
-DERIVATIVES THEREOF, EVEN IF THE AUTHORS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE
-POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
-THE AUTHORS AND DISTRIBUTORS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES,
-INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
-FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THIS SOFTWARE
-IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, AND THE AUTHORS AND DISTRIBUTORS HAVE
-NO OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE MAINTENANCE, SUPPORT, UPDATES, ENHANCEMENTS, OR
-GOVERNMENT USE: If you are acquiring this software on behalf of the
-U.S. government, the Government shall have only "Restricted Rights"
-in the software and related documentation as defined in the Federal
-Acquisition Regulations (FARs) in Clause 52.227.19 (c) (2). If you
-are acquiring the software on behalf of the Department of Defense, the
-software shall be classified as "Commercial Computer Software" and the
-Government shall have only "Restricted Rights" as defined in Clause
-252.227-7014 (b) (3) of DFARs. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the
-authors grant the U.S. Government and others acting in its behalf
-permission to use and distribute the software in accordance with the
-terms specified in this license.
diff --git a/meta/files/common-licenses/vim b/meta/files/common-licenses/vim
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,81 +0,0 @@
-I) There are no restrictions on distributing unmodified copies of Vim except
- that they must include this license text. You can also distribute
- unmodified parts of Vim, likewise unrestricted except that they must
- include this license text. You are also allowed to include executables
- that you made from the unmodified Vim sources, plus your own usage
- examples and Vim scripts.
-II) It is allowed to distribute a modified (or extended) version of Vim,
- including executables and/or source code, when the following four
- conditions are met:
- 1) This license text must be included unmodified.
- 2) The modified Vim must be distributed in one of the following five ways:
- a) If you make changes to Vim yourself, you must clearly describe in
- the distribution how to contact you. When the maintainer asks you
- (in any way) for a copy of the modified Vim you distributed, you
- must make your changes, including source code, available to the
- maintainer without fee. The maintainer reserves the right to
- include your changes in the official version of Vim. What the
- maintainer will do with your changes and under what license they
- will be distributed is negotiable. If there has been no negotiation
- then this license, or a later version, also applies to your changes.
- The current maintainer is Bram Moolenaar <Bram@vim.org>. If this
- changes it will be announced in appropriate places (most likely
- vim.sf.net, www.vim.org and/or comp.editors). When it is completely
- impossible to contact the maintainer, the obligation to send him
- your changes ceases. Once the maintainer has confirmed that he has
- received your changes they will not have to be sent again.
- b) If you have received a modified Vim that was distributed as
- mentioned under a) you are allowed to further distribute it
- unmodified, as mentioned at I). If you make additional changes the
- text under a) applies to those changes.
- c) Provide all the changes, including source code, with every copy of
- the modified Vim you distribute. This may be done in the form of a
- context diff. You can choose what license to use for new code you
- add. The changes and their license must not restrict others from
- making their own changes to the official version of Vim.
- d) When you have a modified Vim which includes changes as mentioned
- under c), you can distribute it without the source code for the
- changes if the following three conditions are met:
- - The license that applies to the changes permits you to distribute
- the changes to the Vim maintainer without fee or restriction, and
- permits the Vim maintainer to include the changes in the official
- version of Vim without fee or restriction.
- - You keep the changes for at least three years after last
- distributing the corresponding modified Vim. When the maintainer
- or someone who you distributed the modified Vim to asks you (in
- any way) for the changes within this period, you must make them
- available to him.
- - You clearly describe in the distribution how to contact you. This
- contact information must remain valid for at least three years
- after last distributing the corresponding modified Vim, or as long
- as possible.
- e) When the GNU General Public License (GPL) applies to the changes,
- you can distribute the modified Vim under the GNU GPL version 2 or
- any later version.
- 3) A message must be added, at least in the output of the ":version"
- command and in the intro screen, such that the user of the modified Vim
- is able to see that it was modified. When distributing as mentioned
- under 2)e) adding the message is only required for as far as this does
- not conflict with the license used for the changes.
- 4) The contact information as required under 2)a) and 2)d) must not be
- removed or changed, except that the person himself can make
-III) If you distribute a modified version of Vim, you are encouraged to use
- the Vim license for your changes and make them available to the
- maintainer, including the source code. The preferred way to do this is
- by e-mail or by uploading the files to a server and e-mailing the URL.
- If the number of changes is small (e.g., a modified Makefile) e-mailing a
- context diff will do. The e-mail address to be used is
-IV) It is not allowed to remove this license from the distribution of the Vim
- sources, parts of it or from a modified version. You may use this
- license for previous Vim releases instead of the license that they came
- with, at your option.
-Read more about this license at http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/uganda.html#license