|author||Ross Burton <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2015-01-26 11:07:44 +0000|
|committer||Martin Jansa <Martin.Jansa@gmail.com>||2015-02-12 19:31:52 +0100|
debianutils: remove, this is in oe-core now
Also remove the SMAIL_GPL license, this is only used by debianutils and is also part of oe-core now. Signed-off-by: Ross Burton <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Martin Jansa <Martin.Jansa@gmail.com>
Diffstat (limited to 'meta-oe/licenses')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 164 deletions
diff --git a/meta-oe/licenses/SMAIL_GPL b/meta-oe/licenses/SMAIL_GPL
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,164 +0,0 @@
-This is the Debian GNU/Linux package debianutils.
-It is an original Debian package. Programs in it were maintained by
-Guy Maor <firstname.lastname@example.org>, and are now maintained by Clint Adams
-All its programs except readlink, savelog, and which may be
-redistributed under the terms of the GNU GPL, Version 2 or later,
-found on Debian systems in the file /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL.
-which is in the public domain.
-readlink is Copyright (c) 1997 Kenneth Stailey, and may also be
-distributed under the terms of the BSD copyright.
-savelog may be redistributed under the following terms: (The rest of
-this file consists of savelog's distribution terms.)
-#ident "@(#)smail:RELEASE-3_2:COPYING,v 1.2 1996/06/14 18:59:10 woods Exp"
- SMAIL GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
- (Clarified 11 Feb 1988)
- Copyright (C) 1988 Landon Curt Noll & Ronald S. Karr
- Copyright (C) 1992 Ronald S. Karr
- Copyleft (GNU) 1988 Landon Curt Noll & Ronald S. Karr
- Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
- of this license, but changing it is not allowed. You can also
- use this wording to make the terms for other programs.
- The license agreements of most software companies keep you at the
-mercy of those companies. By contrast, our general public license is
-intended to give everyone the right to share SMAIL. To make sure that
-you get the rights we want you to have, we need to make restrictions
-that forbid anyone to deny you these rights or to ask you to surrender
-the rights. Hence this license agreement.
- Specifically, we want to make sure that you have the right to give
-away copies of SMAIL, that you receive source code or else can get it
-if you want it, that you can change SMAIL or use pieces of it in new
-free programs, and that you know you can do these things.
- To make sure that everyone has such rights, we have to forbid you to
-deprive anyone else of these rights. For example, if you distribute
-copies of SMAIL, you must give the recipients all the rights that you
-have. You must make sure that they, too, receive or can get the
-source code. And you must tell them their rights.
- Also, for our own protection, we must make certain that everyone
-finds out that there is no warranty for SMAIL. If SMAIL is modified by
-someone else and passed on, we want its recipients to know that what
-they have is not what we distributed, so that any problems introduced
-by others will not reflect on our reputation.
- Therefore we (Landon Curt Noll and Ronald S. Karr) make the following
-terms which say what you must do to be allowed to distribute or change
- COPYING POLICIES
- 1. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of SMAIL source code
-as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you conspicuously and
-appropriately publish on each copy a valid copyright notice "Copyright
-(C) 1988 Landon Curt Noll & Ronald S. Karr" (or with whatever year is
-appropriate); keep intact the notices on all files that refer to this
-License Agreement and to the absence of any warranty; and give any
-other recipients of the SMAIL program a copy of this License
-Agreement along with the program. You may charge a distribution fee
-for the physical act of transferring a copy.
- 2. You may modify your copy or copies of SMAIL or any portion of it,
-and copy and distribute such modifications under the terms of
-Paragraph 1 above, provided that you also do the following:
- a) cause the modified files to carry prominent notices stating
- that you changed the files and the date of any change; and
- b) cause the whole of any work that you distribute or publish,
- that in whole or in part contains or is a derivative of SMAIL or
- any part thereof, to be licensed at no charge to all third
- parties on terms identical to those contained in this License
- Agreement (except that you may choose to grant more extensive
- warranty protection to some or all third parties, at your option).
- c) You may charge a distribution fee for the physical act of
- transferring a copy, and you may at your option offer warranty
- protection in exchange for a fee.
-Mere aggregation of another unrelated program with this program (or its
-derivative) on a volume of a storage or distribution medium does not bring
-the other program under the scope of these terms.
- 3. You may copy and distribute SMAIL (or a portion or derivative of it,
-under Paragraph 2) in object code or executable form under the terms of
-Paragraphs 1 and 2 above provided that you also do one of the following:
- a) accompany it with the complete corresponding machine-readable
- source code, which must be distributed under the terms of
- Paragraphs 1 and 2 above; or,
- b) accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three
- years, to give any third party free (except for a nominal
- shipping charge) a complete machine-readable copy of the
- corresponding source code, to be distributed under the terms of
- Paragraphs 1 and 2 above; or,
- c) accompany it with the information you received as to where the
- corresponding source code may be obtained. (This alternative is
- allowed only for non-commercial distribution and only if you
- received the program in object code or executable form alone.)
-For an executable file, complete source code means all the source code for
-all modules it contains; but, as a special exception, it need not include
-source code for modules which are standard libraries that accompany the
-operating system on which the executable file runs.
- 4. You may not copy, sublicense, distribute or transfer SMAIL
-except as expressly provided under this License Agreement. Any attempt
-otherwise to copy, sublicense, distribute or transfer SMAIL is void and
-your rights to use the program under this License agreement shall be
-automatically terminated. However, parties who have received computer
-software programs from you with this License Agreement will not have
-their licenses terminated so long as such parties remain in full compliance.
- 5. If you wish to incorporate parts of SMAIL into other free
-programs whose distribution conditions are different, write to Landon
-Curt Noll & Ronald S. Karr via the Free Software Foundation at 51
-Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA. We have not yet
-worked out a simple rule that can be stated here, but we will often
-permit this. We will be guided by the two goals of preserving the
-free status of all derivatives of our free software and of promoting
-the sharing and reuse of software.
-Your comments and suggestions about our licensing policies and our
-software are welcome! This contract was based on the contract made by
-the Free Software Foundation. Please contact the Free Software
-Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301,
-USA, or call (617) 542-5942 for details on copylefted material in
- NO WARRANTY
- BECAUSE SMAIL IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, WE PROVIDE ABSOLUTELY NO
-WARRANTY, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE STATE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN
-OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING, LANDON CURT NOLL & RONALD S. KARR AND/OR
-OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE SMAIL "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
-EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
-WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
-THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF SMAIL IS WITH
-YOU. SHOULD SMAIL PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL
-NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
- IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW WILL LANDON CURT NOLL &
-RONALD S. KARR AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND REDISTRIBUTE
-SMAIL AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY
-LOST PROFITS, LOST MONIES, OR OTHER SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR
-CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE
-(INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED
-INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE
-PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS) SMAIL, EVEN IF YOU HAVE
-BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY
-ANY OTHER PARTY.