path: root/ChangeLog
diff options
authorRichard Purdie <>2017-02-18 13:09:39 -0800
committerRichard Purdie <>2017-02-19 06:28:41 -0800
commit5ef2cb50041fa7106c8de170af73d2a54cb0b1f0 (patch)
treefdbab509ecdbf7c0b6a10cd4f8b3817da249604f /ChangeLog
parent61ebe9a026652e32f9482f66fc3fe7a8672fc093 (diff)
runqueue: Fix collapsed setscene dependency treeHEADmaster
When we removed the postinst sstate dependency handling code from setscene_depvalid, we noticed things being installed into the old style sysroot for rootfs tasks which should not have been there, causing a performance regression. Analysis revealed that setscene dependencies were "bubbling" over sstate tasks when they should have been stopping there. The 'continue' added by this patch avoids this issue and eusures sstate tasks remain contained to their specific chains. There was another bug in the code this exposed where the acconting for tasks as they were removed from sq_revdeps was not correct. In fixing this, what looks like a workaround in another test can then be simplified. After this change, populate_sysroot tasks are no longer depending on package_write_rpm tasks for example, which would make no sense. A before/after analysis of image dependencies only revealed improved dependencies after this change. Recipe specific sysroots did highlight the issue here since the behaviour of the sysroot dependencies (and processing with depvalid) was not matching what bitbake itself was doing, with bitbake being incorrect. Failures were 'safe' in that too many dependencies would get installed. Signed-off-by: Richard Purdie <>
Diffstat (limited to 'ChangeLog')
0 files changed, 0 insertions, 0 deletions