|author||Randy MacLeod <Randy.MacLeod@windriver.com>||2017-06-02 15:42:46 -0400|
|committer||Richard Purdie <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2017-06-04 08:50:48 +0100|
oeqa/core: Improve grammar in README and loader comments
Signed-off-by: Randy MacLeod <Randy.MacLeod@windriver.com> Signed-off-by: Richard Purdie <email@example.com>
2 files changed, 22 insertions, 23 deletions
diff --git a/meta/lib/oeqa/core/README b/meta/lib/oeqa/core/README
index f67dff7..d4fcda4 100644
@@ -2,34 +2,34 @@
== Introduction ==
-This is the new (version 2) OEQA framework. Base clases are located inside the
-'oeqa/core' folder and subsequent components needs to extend from these.
+This is version 2 of the OEQA framework. Base clases are located in the
+'oeqa/core' directory and subsequent components must extend from these.
-The main design consideration was to implement the needed functionality
-on top of Python unittest framework. To archive the latter, the following
-modules are present:
+The main design consideration was to implement the needed functionality on
+top of the Python unittest framework. To achieve this goal, the following
+modules are used:
* oeqa/core/runner.py: Provides OETestResult and OETestRunner base
- classes extending the unittest ones. This class has the support for
- export results to different formats currently RAW and XML.
+ classes extending the unittest class. These classes support exporting
+ results to different formats; currently RAW and XML support exist.
- * oeqa/core/loader.py: Provides OETestLoader extending unittest ones,
- also implements unified way for decorator support and for filtering test
+ * oeqa/core/loader.py: Provides OETestLoader extending the unittest class.
+ It also features a unified implementation of decorator support and
+ filtering test cases.
* oeqa/core/case.py: Provides OETestCase base class extending
unittest.TestCase and provides access to the Test data (td), Test context
and Logger functionality.
- * oeqa/core/decorator: Provides OETestDecorator a new class to implement
+ * oeqa/core/decorator: Provides OETestDecorator, a new class to implement
decorators for Test cases.
- * oeqa/core/context: Provides OETestContext a high-level API for
+ * oeqa/core/context: Provides OETestContext, a high-level API for
loadTests and runTests of certain Test component and
OETestContextExecutor a base class to enable oe-test to discover/use
the Test component.
-In the other hand, a new 'oe-test' runner is located under 'scripts', allowing scans for components
+Also, a new 'oe-test' runner is located under 'scripts', allowing scans for components
that supports OETestContextExecutor (see below).
== Terminology ==
@@ -39,15 +39,14 @@ that supports OETestContextExecutor (see below).
* Test data: Data associated with the Test component. Currently we use bitbake datastore as
a Test data input.
- * Test context: A context of what tests needs to be run and how to do it, additionally provides
- access to the Test data and could have custom methods, attrs.
+ * Test context: A context of what tests needs to be run and how to do it; this additionally
+ provides access to the Test data and could have custom methods and/or attrs.
== oe-test ==
-The new tool oe-test (located at scripts) has the ability to scan the code base for test
-components and provide a unified way to run test cases. Internally it scans folders inside
-oeqa module in order to find specific classes that
-implements a test component.
+The new tool, oe-test, has the ability to scan the code base for test components and provide
+a unified way to run test cases. Internally it scans folders inside oeqa module in order to find
+specific classes that implement a test component.
== Usage ==
diff --git a/meta/lib/oeqa/core/loader.py b/meta/lib/oeqa/core/loader.py
index bffb2da..51bfd9d 100644
@@ -14,11 +14,11 @@ from oeqa.core.decorator import decoratorClasses, OETestDecorator, \
def _make_failed_test(classname, methodname, exception, suiteClass):
- When loading tests unittest framework stores the exception in a new
- class created for be displayed into run().
+ When loading tests, the unittest framework stores any exceptions and
+ displays them only when the 'run' method is called.
- For our purposes will be better to raise the exception in loading
- step instead of wait to run the test suite.
+ For our purposes, it is better to raise the exceptions in the loading
+ step rather than waiting to run the test suite.
unittest.loader._make_failed_test = _make_failed_test